Tuesday, September 22, 2015

mass gainer Vs. whey

  


(I want to know also your personal opinions on these types products, have your say ..)

I personally use them all, and I noticed that with a proper diet, that the effects of fatigue and muscle tone, to the type of exercise that I do (toning) are equal.

the only discordant note, and with the whey (I skake everything with milk) I found intestinal pain.
while the gainer give me a sense of indigestion.

the whey and the mass gainer are two different products but they can achieve the same result in my experience with my exercises.

two different testimonies that I found on the web andi liked them:


Jordan Ryan, Started for sports, stayed for the blood pump addiction.

To be honest, at 110 pounds you're a long ways away from gaining enough weight to have "muscles sticking out of your body" in a manner which one might find offensive.

Back in high school, I had difficulty gaining weight past my natural plateaus. I tried a number of different things including muscle milk and other whey supplements. In high school what worked best for me was literally eating whatever was lying around. In high school my metabolism was just too high, so I needed to focus on ingesting 6,000-8,000cals/day to move from 160lbs to 210lbs over the course of 2 years for sports. 

In order to gain weight, you're probably going to have to take a hit on your body fat composition for a little while, don't worry about this though—it'll naturally slough off as you resume your natural diet, and you'll keep your added muscle mass so long as you maintain a decent protein intake.

If you want a more natural solution to gaining weight, I would recommend simply supplementing your current diet with LOMAD or GOMAD.

LOMAD - Liter of Milk a Day
GOMAD - Gallon of Milk a Day

Try LOMAD first to see how it affects your body. If necessary I would recommend checking out lactase pills in order for your body to process the amount of lactose you'll be pumping into it.

I tried this method about a year ago and successfully added on ~25lbs over 2 months (from 195lbs to 220lbs). A good portion of it was indeed muscle mass, but I did gain a decent amount of fat with it, so be mindful that you will gain some fat, but I'm betting that your metabolism is so high you will burn it off pretty quickly when you take a break from the LOMAD.

I hope this gives you some ideas.

Cheers,
JR



Howie Reith, I work out

As long as you are not taking steroids, you will never suffer the "huge muscles sticking out of my body" problem. In spite of how the various supplement companies market themselves, if you're not on drugs, you're never going to look like Arnold. So don't worry about that. Lift heavy weights regularly and intelligently and you will look healthy and fit, not like a massive muscular beast.

Mass Gainers

Mass gainers are advertised to "hard gainers" and tend to be full of junk calories. I would not recommend them. Get the bulk of your calories from food and use a supplement to give you the sufficient protein you need for muscle growth. Focus on calorie-dense food, such as red meat, grains like brown rice and quinoa, multigrain pasta and bread, bananas, whole-fat dairy, avocado, white and sweet potatoes, oils with primarily unsaturated fat like olive oil, and nuts, like almonds.

Protein Supplements

There are a variety of different kinds of protein powders made from a variety of sources. Your three best sources are whey, casein, and egg. I would not recommend soy or hemp unless you are vegan. There are three forms you can buy them in - concentrate, isolate, hydroslysate.

The main difference to keep in mind between the three sources is the rate of absorption into the body. Whey absorbs fastest, egg slowest, with casein in between. I tend to favor whey protein immediately after a workout to rapidly give my body the protein it needs to repair my muscles. I prefer egg protein as a standard supplement to make sure it has sufficient protein available in general.

Concentrate is the cheapest and and least processed form of whey protein. It can range from 35 to 80% protein depending on quality. A higher percentage is generally better. Check the ingredients list. Some unscrupulous supplement companies fill their powders with flour and other cheaper fillers. Watch for these.

Isolate removes the fat and lactose and will tend to be around 90% protein.

Hydrolysate is a partially predigested form of whey protein that is extremely easily absorbed by the body. It is also free of allergenic substances found in milk products.

Personally I use Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard which is a mixture of isolate and concentrate. If you want something cheaper, I don't know of any particular reason why you should not go with a basic concentrate unless you have poor reactions to lactose or dairy in general. In that case, an isolate will probably work better for you.


 More answ. :

No comments:

Post a Comment